- Save on holidays to Asia & Far East with latest special offers
- Book holidays to Thailand, Bali, Hong Kong & more
- Filter offers by board basis, price, star rating & more
Hong Kong weather in August 2020
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for Hong Kong with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- 3131°C max day temperature
- 1717 days with some rainfall
- 2626°C min night temperature
- 1313 hours of daylight per day
- VHVery High heat & humidity
- 377377 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1111+ (Extreme) UV index
- 2828°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for Hong Kong shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Hong Kong in August?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 31°C in Hong Kong in August with very high heat and humidity, falling to 26°C at night.
How sunny is it in Hong Kong in August?
There are normally 7 hours of bright sunshine each day in Hong Kong in August - that's 52% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Hong Kong in August?
The average sea temperature around Hong Kong in August is 28°C.
Does it rain in Hong Kong in August?
There are usually 17 days with some rain in Hong Kong in August and the average monthly rainfall is 377mm.
What is the chance of a typhoon in Hong Kong in August?
On average 3.2 days in August in Hong Kong are likely to be affected by the passage of one or more tropical storms.
Hong Kong sunrise & sunset times for August 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Hong Kong in August 2020. Select a month to view Hong Kong sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st August 2020||05:55||19:04|
|Sunday, 16th August 2020||06:01||18:54|
|Monday, 31st August 2020||06:06||18:41|
- Save EXTRA 8% on selected hotels worldwide
- Plus free cancellation on most rooms
- Travel before 31st October 2020 (inclusive)
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about Hong Kong
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.