Free child places for family holidays in 2020/2021
Looking to book a family holiday in 2020/2021? Let us help you find the best free child place finder tools from top holiday providers to save on your booking.
TUI, formally known as Thomson, offers free child places with holidays to all of its destinations. Although primarily available for summer 2020 and summer 2021, it is possible to find free child places at other times of the year too.
There is a dedicated Free Kids' Place Finder* tool available for searching for family holidays with free child places. Simply enter family size, when you want to travel, and then browse the top holiday deals.
What's included with TUI's free child places?
- Return flights - standard fare
- Hotel accommodation - one child per two full-paying adults
- Food & drinks - based on standard board basis
- Transfers - travel between airport and hotel accommodation
The fine print: TUI offers one free child place in each hotel room, apartment or villa with two full-paying adults. All other children must pay the full holiday price. TUI free kids' places cannot be combined with other discounts.
Jet2 offers free child places through its sister brand Jet2holidays. Family holidays with free child places can be booked to over 40 destinations across Europe and the Mediterranean in 2020/2021.
Flights depart from regional airports across the UK including London Stansted, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow, and Edinburgh. Use the Jet2 Free Child Places* search to find holiday offers. Filter offers by selecting your preferred departure airport, month, holiday duration and party size.
What's included with Jet2's free child places?
- Return flights - Jet2 offers many family-friendly flight times
- Baggage allowance - 22 kg checked luggage
- Transfers - coach transfers between airport and holiday accommodation
- Accommodation - shared with two full-paying adults
- Food & drinks - included based on board basis of adults
- Kids' entertainment - club activities and mini discos
The fine print: free child places are available on selected hotels, dates and board basis. One free child place available with two full-paying passengers sharing a hotel room or villa. A child is aged 17 years old or younger at the time of travel.
First Choice is the king of a great deal with family holidays to a wide selection of destinations. Free child places are available throughout the year, however, they are more readily available in the summer for both 2020 and 2021.
The First Choice Free Kids' Place Finder* can be used to search for family holidays offering free child places. Simply enter the family size, including child ages, and when you want to go to see the holidays available.
What's included with First Choice?
- Return flights - standard airline fare & transfers
- Hotel accommodation - use of facilities for one child per two full-paying adults
- Food & drinks - included based on board basis of adults
- Entertainment - kids' activities and hotel entertainment
The fine print: First Choice offers one free child place with two full-paying adults sharing a hotel room, apartment or villa. Other children pay the full brochure price. Free kids' places cannot be combined with other online discounts.
On the Beach
On the Beach offers family holidays to popular destinations across the Med and Canaries. Some of the hotels and resorts offer free child places based on two adults travelling. If only one adult travels you might pay a single occupancy supplement.
Family-friendly hotels often include kids' clubs and waterparks, along with hotels designed for toddlers in mind. Some of the most popular family hotels are:
- 5* Eden Andalou Spa Resort, Marrakech, Morocco
- 4* Rosamar Garden Resort, Lloret De Mar, Costa Brava, Spain
- 4* Sol Katmandu Resort, Magaluf, Majorca
- 4* Muthu Clube Praia da Oura, Albufeira, Algarve, Portugal
- 4* Puente Real, Torremolinos, Costa del Sol, Spain
- 4* Grande Real Santa Eulalia Resort, Albufeira, Algarve
- 4* Labranda Marine Aquapark, Kos, Greece
- 4* Zafiro Menorca, Cala N Bosch, Menorca
- 3* Blue Sea Costa Teguise Gardens, Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
- 3* Club Mac Alcudia, Alcudia, Majorca
Remember you can pay low deposits from £30 per person*, spreading the cost over time, with the final payment due two weeks before you depart on holiday.
Iberostar Hotels & Resorts
The Spanish hotel chain Iberostar also offers free child places with stays at its hotels and resorts. The first child, and in some cases second child (up to six years old) stays for free, with discounts on additional children based on two adults travelling.
The following Iberostar Hotels & Resorts offer free child places for both first and second children (based on specific travel dates):
- Iberostar Cala Barca, Majorca - 12 Apr - 24 May 2019
- Iberostar Ciudad Blanca Alcudia, Majorca - 26 Apr - 12 Oct 2019
- Iberostar Ciudad Blanca, Majorca - 26 Apr - 24 May 2019
- Iberostar Alcudia Park, Majorca - 26 Apr - 24 May 2019
- Iberostar Pinos Park, Majorca - 23 Mar Apr - 17 May 2019, 13 Oct - 19 Oct 2019
- Iberostar Playa de Muro, Majorca - 26 Apr - 19 Oct 2019
- Iberostar Cristina, Majorca - 12 Apr - 24 May 2019
- Iberostar Playa de Muro Village, Majorca - 12 Apr - 26 Oct 2019
- Iberostar Costa del Sol Spain - 12 Apr - 20 Jun 2019, 08 Sep - 26 Oct 2019
- Iberostar Playa Gaviotas Park, Fuerteventura - all dates except 14 Jul - 24 Aug 2019
- Iberostar La Bocayna Village, Lanzarote
Iberostar's family-friendly hotels with children's pools with slides, entertainment shows along with the Star Camp children's activity programme.
More about finding free child places
Children under six years old stay for free at Club Med* sun resorts and children under four years old stay for free at its ski resorts. You can also find free kids' places from easyJet holidays*, Balkan Holidays* and Inghams*.
What's included in a free child place?
Although this differs between the various holiday companies, you usually get the same as the adults travelling in the party - flights, accommodation, transfers, food and drinks (based on board basis), entertainment and activities. Each holiday provider has slightly different terms and conditions, so it's always worth checking beforehand.
Which holiday destinations are included?
Holiday destinations with free child places will depend on the provider. Usually, the most popular destinations, such as the Canaries, Balearics, Greece, Turkey, Portugal and mainland Spain, have more availability than lesser-known spots.
What's the maximum age for a free child place?
Most holiday providers will offer free child places to 16-year-olds and younger, although the cut off age does vary - always check if you are likely to be on the borderline.
When is the best time to book free child places?
It's best to book as early as possible to get the most competitive prices, especially if you're travelling during school holidays. Free child places are usually only available on selected properties and dates. TUI, First Choice and Jet2 are already selling holidays for summer 2020.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.