Weather2Travel.com's editorial guidelines
Interested in writing for Weather2Travel.com? Please read our editorial guidelines before pitching ideas to our editorial team.
Who reads Weather2Travel.com?
Weather2Travel.com attracts a broad demographic of readers from countries around the globe. However, as we're based in the UK, our content is aimed at UK travellers and holidaymakers.
The majority of our readers (around 65%) are female, while roughly 40% are aged between 35 and 54 years old. A further 40% are 'empty nesters' - mature travellers looking to enjoy their hard-earned income and/or the freedom of retirement.
Did you know?: Weather2Travel.com users often arrive at our site while researching weather and are usually planning a holiday not long term travels in off-the-beaten path destinations.
Those visiting Weather2Travel.com are often in the research and planning stage of their holiday or travels - something to bear in mind when sending through article ideas. We're after motivational and inspiring content that will make users want to book that flight or holiday.
Please also consider the brands we work with: if you're pitching a luxury hotel review or a guide to a very remote destination, it's probably not for us.
What do you look for in an article?
We aim to give our readers the best information on destination weather, the most authoritative, tried and tested travel content, and the very latest great value deals to get them where they want to go.
Topics of particular interest to tend to focus on excursions, activities (golf courses, watersports), culture, history (UNESCO sites), nature (such as beautiful beaches or wildlife), and adventure-lite (manageable walking trails and hikes, for example).
What types of features do you publish?
We consider a wide range of interesting travel articles, roundups, guides and advice pieces. Our blog articles are typically written in the third person and tend to be between 850 and 1,000 words long, although this is open to discussion. The most common types of articles we publish include:
- Destination features - roundups or 'listicles' about a country or specific region (48 hours in Seattle, How to do Dubrovnik in a long weekend, 10 reasons to visit Beijing)
- Activity focused features - (such as walking in Madeira, golf in Tenerife, wildlife watching in Sri Lanka)
- Practical articles - on occasion, we publish practical guides for travellers (How to get the most out of Google Maps, How to use travel blogs to plan your trip).
Did you know? We only commission writers who have been to and experienced the destination(s) they are writing about - no armchair travel writers here!
Pitching to Weather2Travel.com
I have an article idea I'd like to pitch - what should I do?
So, you've got an idea you think would work well for Weather2Travel.com? Please follow these steps:
- check our blog to see if we have already covered the subject you're thinking of pitching
- familiarise yourself with our tone and style so you understand the type of content we publish
- write a short paragraph outlining your pitch
- state why you think it is relevant to Weather2Travel.com readers
- include a sentence or two about your experience and link to any examples of your work or an online portfolio
- include the theme/title in your email subject
- pictures are not required; feel free to send images via WeTransfer or similar when submitting a final commissioned piece but we cannot guarantee they will be used.
Please ensure that you are familiar with what we do, how we do it, and who we're targeting. If you're confident you have a story that will fit and have followed the above steps, send your pitch to email@example.com.
I've pitched an article - what happens next?
If we feel your article idea and your editorial experience fit well with Weather2Travel.com, we will be in touch. Although we try to reply to every pitch, we receive a high volume of emails and can sometimes only reply to successful pitches.
If you don't hear back from us, don't be put off: if you have another cracking idea that you think would work for us in future, please do pitch again.
Please note: we do not accept guest posts in exchange for links. If you are promoting a relevant travel brand that's a natural fit with our site, then please get in touch to discuss opportunities.
We know good content is worth every penny, which is why we pay competitive rates for online content.
Thanks and happy pitching!
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details