- Save EXTRA 10% on cheap car hire worldwide
- With this exclusive Holiday Autos discount code
- Travel before 31st December 2020 (inclusive)
Anchorage weather in January 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for the USA with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- -6-6°C max day temperature
- 88 days with some rainfall
- -14-14°C min night temperature
- 77 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 2929 mm of monthly rainfall
- 0No UV (Maximum) Index UV index
- 33°C sea temperature
The January weather guide for Anchorage, Alaska shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How cold is it in Anchorage in January?
Daytime temperatures usually reach -6°C in Anchorage in January, falling to -14°C at night.
How sunny is it in Anchorage in January?
There are normally 3 hours of bright sunshine each day in Anchorage in January - that's 43% of daylight hours.
Is the sea cold around Anchorage in January?
The average sea temperature around Anchorage in January is 3°C.
Does it rain in Anchorage in January?
There are usually 8 days with some rain in Anchorage in January and the average monthly rainfall is 29mm.
Anchorage sunrise & sunset times for January 2021
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Anchorage in January 2021. Select a month to view Anchorage sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st January 2021||10:13||15:54|
|Saturday, 16th January 2021||09:54||16:26|
|Sunday, 31st January 2021||09:21||17:06|
- Save up to 15% on Avis car hire for USA
- Offer available at participating locations in the USA
- Plus receive 25-65% discount on designer shopping
- Avis discount code excludes Car Group X
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about the USA
Where's warm in Alaska in January?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Alaska in January. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.