- Save on holidays to the USA & Canada with Virgin Holidays
- Holiday prices start from just £420 per person
- Destinations include LA, New York, Boston, Miami & more
Washington weather in January 2020
- 55°C max day temperature
- 1010 days with some rainfall
- -4-4°C min night temperature
- 1010 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 7171 mm of monthly rainfall
- 22 (Low) UV index
The January weather guide for Washington, D.C. shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How cold is it in Washington in January?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 5°C in Washington in January, falling to -4°C at night.
How sunny is it in Washington in January?
There are normally 5 hours of bright sunshine each day in Washington in January - that's 48% of daylight hours.
Does it rain in Washington in January?
There are usually 10 days with some rain in Washington in January and the average monthly rainfall is 71mm.
Washington sunrise & sunset times for January 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Washington in January 2020. Select a month to view Washington sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Wednesday, 1st January 2020||07:27||16:56|
|Thursday, 16th January 2020||07:25||17:11|
|Friday, 31st January 2020||07:16||17:28|
- Check out the low fares on flights to the USA
- Finnair flights connect in Helsinki Airport, Finland
- Browse lowest fares available
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about the USA
More D.C. destinations
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.