- Save up to 30% with the latest hotels deals for London
- Compare hotels & read the latest reviews before you book
- Check out the best prices from leading hotel providers
London weather in August 2019
- 2222°C max day temperature
- 1212 days with some rainfall
- 1313°C min night temperature
- 1515 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 5656 mm of monthly rainfall
- 55 (Moderate) UV index
The August weather guide for London, UK shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to London weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in London in August is a warm 22°C (72°F). The average night-time temperature is usually a cool 13°C (55°F). There are usually 6 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 41% of the 15 hours of daylight.
Expect 56mm (2.2 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 12 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be moderate (5 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
London sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for London in August 2019. Select a month to view London sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||05:24||20:49|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||05:47||20:22|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||06:11||19:50|
- Save up to 30% on Millennium Hotels & Resorts in Europe
- 20% discount on flexible rates + Extra 10% for loyalty members
- Travel before 31st December 2019 (inclusive)
Where's hot in the UK in August?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in the UK in August. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.