- Explore Red Carnation Hotels across Europe, Africa & Florida
- Including London, Edinburgh, Ireland & Guernsey
- Plus South Africa & Xigera Safari Lodge in Botswana
London weather in May 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (Covid-19) updates for England with current travel advice and statistics on new cases per 100,000 and vaccine.
- 1717°C max day temperature
- 1313 days with some rainfall
- 88°C min night temperature
- 1616 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 5151 mm of monthly rainfall
- 55 (Moderate) UV index
Recommended for England
The May weather guide for London, England shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How warm is it in London in May?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 17°C in London in May, falling to 8°C at night.
How sunny is it in London in May?
There are normally 6 hours of bright sunshine each day in London in May - that's 39% of daylight hours.
Does it rain in London in May?
There are usually 13 days with some rain in London in May and the average monthly rainfall is 51mm.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
London sunrise & sunset times for May 2021
Browse the sunrise and sunset times for London in May 2021. Select a month to view London sunrise & sunset times for the next 12 months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st May 2021||05:32||20:24|
|Sunday, 16th May 2021||05:07||20:48|
|Monday, 31st May 2021||04:50||21:07|
- Book longer stays & save on hotel rooms with Corinthia
- Minimum number of nights varies by destination
- Visit London, Budapest, Lisbon, Prague & St Petersburg
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.