- Save on return flights to worldwide destinations with KLM
- Book flights to Abu Dhabi, Jo'burg, Tokyo & more
- Plus more flights to the Americas, Middle East & Europe
Grand Canyon weather in August 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for the USA with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- 3232°C max day temperature
- 77 days with some rainfall
- 1414°C min night temperature
- 1313 hours of daylight per day
- LLow heat & humidity
- 3939 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1010 (Very High) UV index
The August weather guide for Grand Canyon, Arizona shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Recommended for Arizona
How hot is it in Grand Canyon in August?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 32°C in Grand Canyon in August with low heat and humidity, falling to 14°C at night.
How sunny is it in Grand Canyon in August?
There are normally 11 hours of bright sunshine each day in Grand Canyon in August - that's 79% of daylight hours.
Does it rain in Grand Canyon in August?
There are usually 7 days with some rain in Grand Canyon in August and the average monthly rainfall is 39mm.
Grand Canyon sunrise & sunset times for August 2021
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Grand Canyon in August 2021. Select a month to view Grand Canyon sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Sunday, 1st August 2021||05:36||19:33|
|Monday, 16th August 2021||05:48||19:17|
|Tuesday, 31st August 2021||06:00||18:57|
- Save up to 15% on Avis car hire for Canada
- Offer available at participating locations in Canada
- Avis discount code excludes Car Group X
- Blackout periods may apply
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about Arizona
Where is hot in Arizona in August for 2021/2022?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Arizona in August. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.