- Search for cheap car hire prices from top car hire providers
- Filter car hire deals by price, car type, brand & more
- Brands include Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt & Thifty
Longyearbyen weather in September 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (Covid-19) updates for Svalbard with current travel advice, vaccine statistics and online resources.
- 11°C max day temperature
- 1212 days with some rainfall
- -3-3°C min night temperature
- 1414 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 2525 mm of monthly rainfall
- 11 (Low) UV index
- -1-1°C sea temperature
Recommended for Svalbard
The September weather guide for Longyearbyen, Svalbard shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How cold is it in Longyearbyen in September?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 1°C in Longyearbyen in September, falling to -3°C at night.
How sunny is it in Longyearbyen in September?
There are normally 3 hours of bright sunshine each day in Longyearbyen in September - that's 19% of daylight hours.
Is the sea cold around Longyearbyen in September?
The average sea temperature around Longyearbyen in September is -1°C.
Does it rain in Longyearbyen in September?
There are usually 12 days with some rain in Longyearbyen in September and the average monthly rainfall is 25mm. Rain may fall as snow in this month.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for September 2021
Browse the sunrise and sunset times for Longyearbyen in September 2021. Select a month to view Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for the next 12 months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Wednesday, 1st September 2021||03:37||22:09|
|Wednesday, 15th September 2021||05:38||20:02|
|Thursday, 30th September 2021||07:27||18:05|
- Save on expedition cruises with top Hurtigruten deals
- Book cruises to Alaska, Antarctica, Svalbard & the Arctic
- Plus destinations across Europe, Caribbean & Americas
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.