- Find hotel deals & special offers for popular destinations
- Filter hotel deals by price, board basis, star rating & more
- Choose from over 400,000 hotels worldwide
Longyearbyen weather in October 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (Covid-19) updates for Svalbard with current travel advice, vaccine statistics and online resources.
- -4-4°C max day temperature
- 1313 days with some rainfall
- -9-9°C min night temperature
- 55 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 1919 mm of monthly rainfall
- 0No UV (Maximum) Index UV index
- -1-1°C sea temperature
Recommended for Svalbard
The October weather guide for Longyearbyen, Svalbard shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How cold is it in Longyearbyen in October?
Daytime temperatures usually reach -4°C in Longyearbyen in October, falling to -9°C at night.
How sunny is it in Longyearbyen in October?
There are normally 1 hour of bright sunshine each day in Longyearbyen in October - that's 18% of daylight hours.
Is the sea cold around Longyearbyen in October?
The average sea temperature around Longyearbyen in October is -1°C.
Does it rain in Longyearbyen in October?
There are usually 13 days with some rain in Longyearbyen in October and the average monthly rainfall is 19mm. Rain may fall as snow in this month.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for October 2021
Browse the sunrise and sunset times for Longyearbyen in October 2021. Select a month to view Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for the next 12 months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st October 2021||07:34||17:57|
|Saturday, 16th October 2021||09:37||15:47|
|Sunday, 31st October 2021||Darkness all day|
- Search for cheap car hire prices from top car hire providers
- Filter car hire deals by price, car type, brand & more
- Brands include Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt & Thifty
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.