- Combine flights + hotel & save up to 15% on holiday bookings
- Search for holiday deals for destinations worldwide
- Filter offers by price, board basis, star rating & accommodation
Longyearbyen weather in March 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for Svalbard with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- -13-13°C max day temperature
- 1414 days with some rainfall
- -20-20°C min night temperature
- 1212 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 2929 mm of monthly rainfall
- 0No UV (Maximum) Index UV index
- -2-2°C sea temperature
The March weather guide for Longyearbyen, Svalbard shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Recommended for Svalbard
How cold is it in Longyearbyen in March?
Daytime temperatures usually reach -13°C in Longyearbyen in March, falling to -20°C at night.
How sunny is it in Longyearbyen in March?
There are normally 3 hours of bright sunshine each day in Longyearbyen in March - that's 23% of daylight hours.
Is the sea cold around Longyearbyen in March?
The average sea temperature around Longyearbyen in March is -2°C.
Does it rain in Longyearbyen in March?
There are usually 14 days with some rain in Longyearbyen in March and the average monthly rainfall is 29mm. Rain may fall as snow in this month.
Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for March 2021
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Longyearbyen in March 2021. Select a month to view Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Monday, 1st March 2021||08:25||15:57|
|Tuesday, 16th March 2021||06:21||17:54|
|Wednesday, 31st March 2021||05:21||20:47|
- Search for cheap car hire prices from top car hire providers
- Filter car hire deals by price, car type, brand & more
- Brands include Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt & Thifty
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
More Svalbard destinations
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.