- Save on hotels, restaurants, spas & more with Travelzoo
- Book online with fully refundable vouchers
- Filter vouchers by theme, price, type & more
Longyearbyen weather in January 2022
Get the latest coronavirus (Covid-19) updates for Svalbard with current travel advice and statistics on new cases per 100,000 and vaccine.
- -13-13°C max day temperature
- 1313 days with some rainfall
- -20-20°C min night temperature
- 00 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 2222 mm of monthly rainfall
- 0No UV (Maximum) Index UV index
- -2-2°C sea temperature
Recommended for Svalbard
The January weather guide for Longyearbyen, Svalbard shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How cold is it in Longyearbyen in January?
Daytime temperatures usually reach -13°C in Longyearbyen in January, falling to -20°C at night.
How sunny is it in Longyearbyen in January?
There are normally 0 hours of bright sunshine each day in Longyearbyen in January - that's 0% of daylight hours.
Is the sea cold around Longyearbyen in January?
The average sea temperature around Longyearbyen in January is -2°C.
Does it rain in Longyearbyen in January?
There are usually 13 days with some rain in Longyearbyen in January and the average monthly rainfall is 22mm. Rain may fall as snow in this month.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for January 2022
Browse the sunrise and sunset times for Longyearbyen in January 2022. Select a month to view Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for the next 12 months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st January 2022||Darkness all day|
|Sunday, 16th January 2022||Darkness all day|
|Monday, 31st January 2022||Darkness all day|
- Combine flights + hotel & save up to 15% on holiday bookings
- Search for holiday deals for destinations worldwide
- Filter offers by price, board basis, star rating & accommodation
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.