- Combine flights + hotel & save up to 15% on holiday bookings
- Search for holiday deals for destinations worldwide
- Filter offers by price, board basis, star rating & accommodation
Longyearbyen weather in April 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for Svalbard with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- -9-9°C max day temperature
- 1111 days with some rainfall
- -16-16°C min night temperature
- 2121 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 1616 mm of monthly rainfall
- 11 (Low) UV index
- -2-2°C sea temperature
The April weather guide for Longyearbyen, Svalbard shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Recommended for Svalbard
How cold is it in Longyearbyen in April?
Daytime temperatures usually reach -9°C in Longyearbyen in April, falling to -16°C at night.
How sunny is it in Longyearbyen in April?
There are normally 8 hours of bright sunshine each day in Longyearbyen in April - that's 37% of daylight hours.
Is the sea cold around Longyearbyen in April?
The average sea temperature around Longyearbyen in April is -2°C.
Does it rain in Longyearbyen in April?
There are usually 11 days with some rain in Longyearbyen in April and the average monthly rainfall is 16mm. Rain may fall as snow in this month.
Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for April 2021
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Longyearbyen in April 2021. Select a month to view Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st April 2021||05:12||20:55|
|Thursday, 15th April 2021||02:41||23:29|
|Friday, 30th April 2021||Daylight all day|
- Save EXTRA 10% on cheap car hire worldwide
- With this exclusive Holiday Autos discount code
- Travel before 31st December 2020 (inclusive)
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
More Svalbard destinations
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.