- Combine flights + hotel & save up to 15% on holiday bookings
- Search for holiday deals for destinations worldwide
- Filter offers by price, board basis, star rating & accommodation
Longyearbyen weather in August 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for Svalbard with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- 66°C max day temperature
- 1313 days with some rainfall
- 22°C min night temperature
- 2323 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 3030 mm of monthly rainfall
- 11 (Low) UV index
- -1-1°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for Longyearbyen, Svalbard shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Recommended for Svalbard
How cold is it in Longyearbyen in August?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 6°C in Longyearbyen in August, falling to 2°C at night.
How sunny is it in Longyearbyen in August?
There are normally 5 hours of bright sunshine each day in Longyearbyen in August - that's 23% of daylight hours.
Is the sea cold around Longyearbyen in August?
The average sea temperature around Longyearbyen in August is -1°C.
Does it rain in Longyearbyen in August?
There are usually 13 days with some rain in Longyearbyen in August and the average monthly rainfall is 30mm.
Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for August 2021
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Longyearbyen in August 2021. Select a month to view Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Sunday, 1st August 2021||Daylight all day|
|Monday, 16th August 2021||Daylight all day|
|Tuesday, 31st August 2021||03:26||22:20|
- Compare ticket prices for flights, trains & coaches
- Choose your preferred mode of transport & book online
- Including routes from over 150 airlines & transport providers
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
More Svalbard destinations
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.