- Browse the best deals on hotel stays & compare prices
- Check lowest rates by month & also by day of the week
- Search by date or browse hotels by destination & map
Longyearbyen weather in February 2022
Get the latest coronavirus (Covid-19) updates for Svalbard with current travel advice and statistics on new cases per 100,000 and vaccine.
- -13-13°C max day temperature
- 1313 days with some rainfall
- -21-21°C min night temperature
- 22 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 2828 mm of monthly rainfall
- 0No UV (Maximum) Index UV index
- -2-2°C sea temperature
Recommended for Svalbard
The February weather guide for Longyearbyen, Svalbard shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How cold is it in Longyearbyen in February?
Daytime temperatures usually reach -13°C in Longyearbyen in February, falling to -21°C at night.
How sunny is it in Longyearbyen in February?
There are normally 0 hours of bright sunshine each day in Longyearbyen in February - that's 9% of daylight hours.
Is the sea cold around Longyearbyen in February?
The average sea temperature around Longyearbyen in February is -2°C.
Does it rain in Longyearbyen in February?
There are usually 13 days with some rain in Longyearbyen in February and the average monthly rainfall is 28mm. Rain may fall as snow in this month.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for February 2022
Browse the sunrise and sunset times for Longyearbyen in February 2022. Select a month to view Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for the next 12 months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Tuesday, 1st February 2022||Darkness all day|
|Monday, 14th February 2022||Darkness all day|
|Monday, 28th February 2022||08:36||15:46|
- Explore lowest airfares by destinations worldwide
- Find the cheapest month or filter by route or month
- Prices shown found on Skyscanner in last 8 days
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.