- Browse the best deals on hotel stays & compare prices
- Check lowest rates by month & also by day of the week
- Search by date or browse hotels by destination & map
Wellington weather in September 2020
- 1313°C max day temperature
- 1515 days with some rainfall
- 77°C min night temperature
- 1212 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 104104 mm of monthly rainfall
- 44 (Moderate) UV index
- 1212°C sea temperature
The September weather guide for Wellington, New Zealand shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How warm is it in Wellington in September?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 13°C in Wellington in September, falling to 7°C at night.
How sunny is it in Wellington in September?
There are normally 5 hours of bright sunshine each day in Wellington in September - that's 42% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Wellington in September?
The average sea temperature around Wellington in September is 12°C.
Does it rain in Wellington in September?
There are usually 15 days with some rain in Wellington in September and the average monthly rainfall is 104mm.
Wellington sunrise & sunset times for September 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Wellington in September 2020. Select a month to view Wellington sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Tuesday, 1st September 2020||06:46||17:57|
|Tuesday, 15th September 2020||06:22||18:10|
|Wednesday, 30th September 2020||06:57||19:26|
- Search for cheap car hire prices from top car hire providers
- Filter car hire deals by price, car type, brand & more
- Brands include Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt & Thifty
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Where's hot in New Zealand in September?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in New Zealand in September. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.