- Save EXTRA 5% on car hire worldwide with Enjoy Travel
- Book car hire for destinations in the UK, Europe & beyond
- Discount code cannot be combined with other promotions
Wellington weather in May 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for New Zealand with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- 1414°C max day temperature
- 1414 days with some rainfall
- 88°C min night temperature
- 1010 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 125125 mm of monthly rainfall
- 22 (Low) UV index
- 1414°C sea temperature
Recommended for New Zealand
The May weather guide for Wellington, New Zealand shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How warm is it in Wellington in May?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 14°C in Wellington in May, falling to 8°C at night.
How sunny is it in Wellington in May?
There are normally 4 hours of bright sunshine each day in Wellington in May - that's 40% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Wellington in May?
The average sea temperature around Wellington in May is 14°C.
Does it rain in Wellington in May?
There are usually 14 days with some rain in Wellington in May and the average monthly rainfall is 125mm.
Wellington sunrise & sunset times for May 2021
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Wellington in May 2021. Select a month to view Wellington sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st May 2021||07:08||17:28|
|Sunday, 16th May 2021||07:23||17:11|
|Monday, 31st May 2021||07:36||17:01|
- Save up to 25% on transfers for selected airports
- Including Dubai, Paris, Milan, Cancun, New York & more
- Book door-to-door transfers direct to your destination
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Where is hot in New Zealand in May for 2021/2022?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in New Zealand in May. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.