- Save EXTRA 8% on selected hotels worldwide
- Plus free cancellation on most rooms with Hotels.com
- Travel before 30th September 2021 (inclusive)
Ottawa weather in January 2022
Get the latest coronavirus (Covid-19) updates for Canada with current travel advice and statistics on new cases per 100,000 and vaccine.
- -6-6°C max day temperature
- 1414 days with some rainfall
- -16-16°C min night temperature
- 99 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 5959 mm of monthly rainfall
- 11 (Low) UV index
Recommended for Ontario
The January weather guide for Ottawa, Ontario shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How cold is it in Ottawa in January?
Daytime temperatures usually reach -6°C in Ottawa in January, falling to -16°C at night.
How sunny is it in Ottawa in January?
There are normally 3 hours of bright sunshine each day in Ottawa in January - that's 36% of daylight hours.
Does it rain in Ottawa in January?
There are usually 14 days with some rain in Ottawa in January and the average monthly rainfall is 59mm. Rain may fall as snow in this month.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Ottawa sunrise & sunset times for January 2022
Browse the sunrise and sunset times for Ottawa in January 2022. Select a month to view Ottawa sunrise & sunset times for the next 12 months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st January 2022||07:43||16:30|
|Sunday, 16th January 2022||07:38||16:47|
|Monday, 31st January 2022||07:25||17:08|
- Save EXTRA 10% on cheap car hire worldwide
- With this exclusive Holiday Autos discount code
- Travel before 31st December 2021 (inclusive)
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.