- Compare the prices with the leading car hire companies
- Including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt & Thrifty
- Plus 24/7 support from UK based office
Longyearbyen weather in May 2020
- -3-3°C max day temperature
- 99 days with some rainfall
- -7-7°C min night temperature
- 2424 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 1313 mm of monthly rainfall
- 22 (Low) UV index
- -2-2°C sea temperature
The May weather guide for Longyearbyen, Svalbard shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How cold is it in Longyearbyen in May?
Daytime temperatures usually reach -3°C in Longyearbyen in May, falling to -7°C at night.
How sunny is it in Longyearbyen in May?
There are normally 9 hours of bright sunshine each day in Longyearbyen in May - that's 36% of daylight hours.
Is the sea cold around Longyearbyen in May?
The average sea temperature around Longyearbyen in May is -2°C.
Does it rain in Longyearbyen in May?
There are usually 9 days with some rain in Longyearbyen in May and the average monthly rainfall is 13mm.
Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for May 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Longyearbyen in May 2020. Select a month to view Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st May 2020||Daylight all day|
|Saturday, 16th May 2020||Daylight all day|
|Sunday, 31st May 2020||Daylight all day|
- Combine flights + hotel & save up to 15% on holidays
- Book flights + hotel together to get saving
- Popular destinations include Europe, USA & Australia
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
More Svalbard destinations
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.