- Compare car hire prices to find lowest rate
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before pick up
- Book car hire for over 20,000 destinations worldwide
Longyearbyen weather in May 2020
- -3-3°C max day temperature
- 99 days with some rainfall
- -7-7°C min night temperature
- 2424 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 1313 mm of monthly rainfall
- 22 (Low) UV index
- -2-2°C sea temperature
The May weather guide for Longyearbyen, Svalbard shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Longyearbyen weather in May
The average maximum daytime temperature in Longyearbyen in May is a very cold -3°C (27°F). The average night-time temperature is usually a very cold -7°C (19°F). There are usually 9 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 36% of the 24 hours of daylight.
Expect 13mm (0.5 inches) of rainfall across the whole of May with 9 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be low (2 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around Longyearbyen in May is -2°C (28°F).
Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for May 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Longyearbyen in May 2020. Select a month to view Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st May 2020||Daylight all day|
|Saturday, 16th May 2020||Daylight all day|
|Sunday, 31st May 2020||Daylight all day|
- Save at least 15% on hotels in the Booking.com getaway sale
- Book hotels in Rome, Bangkok, Marrakech & more
- Travel before 31st August 2019 (inclusive)
More Svalbard destinations
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details