- Explore the latest holiday offers for New Zealand
- Filter offers by type, style, rating & departure date
- Book holidays & tours for 50 year olds & over
Wellington weather in March 2020
- 1919°C max day temperature
- 1212 days with some rainfall
- 1212°C min night temperature
- 1212 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 9696 mm of monthly rainfall
- 77 (High) UV index
- 1616°C sea temperature
The March weather guide for Wellington, New Zealand shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Wellington in March?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 19°C in Wellington in March, falling to 12°C at night.
How sunny is it in Wellington in March?
There are normally 6 hours of bright sunshine each day in Wellington in March - that's 46% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Wellington in March?
The average sea temperature around Wellington in March is 16°C.
Does it rain in Wellington in March?
There are usually 12 days with some rain in Wellington in March and the average monthly rainfall is 96mm.
Wellington sunrise & sunset times for March 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Wellington in March 2020. Select a month to view Wellington sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Sunday, 1st March 2020||07:02||20:04|
|Monday, 16th March 2020||07:19||19:39|
|Tuesday, 31st March 2020||07:35||19:14|
- Save an extra 10% on worldwide car hire
- Book with the exclusive Argus Car Hire discount code
- Travel before 31st December 2019 (inclusive)
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Where's hot in New Zealand in March?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in New Zealand in March. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.