- Save EXTRA 8% on selected hotels worldwide
- Destinations across Europe, Asia, Africa & the Americas
- Travel before 21st November 2019 (inclusive)
Longyearbyen weather in December 2019
- -11-11°C max day temperature
- 1212 days with some rainfall
- -18-18°C min night temperature
- 00 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 2525 mm of monthly rainfall
- 0No UV (Maximum) Index UV index
- -2-2°C sea temperature
The December weather guide for Longyearbyen, Svalbard shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Longyearbyen weather in December
The average maximum daytime temperature in Longyearbyen in December is a very cold -11°C (12°F). The average night-time temperature is usually a very cold -18°C (-0°F). There are usually no hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 0% of the 0 hours of daylight.
Expect 25mm (1.0 inches) of rainfall across the whole of December with 12 days with some rain falling.
The average sea temperature in and around Longyearbyen in December is -2°C (28°F).
Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for December 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Longyearbyen in December 2019. Select a month to view Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Sunday, 1st December 2019||Darkness all day|
|Monday, 16th December 2019||Darkness all day|
|Tuesday, 31st December 2019||Darkness all day|
- Compare car hire prices to find lowest rate
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before pick up
- Book car hire for over 20,000 destinations worldwide
More Svalbard destinations
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details