- Save on holidays to the USA & Canada with Virgin Holidays
- Holiday prices start from just £399 per person
- Destinations include LA, New York, Boston, Miami & more
Washington weather in August 2019
- 3030°C max day temperature
- 99 days with some rainfall
- 2020°C min night temperature
- 1414 hours of daylight per day
- HHigh heat & humidity
- 103103 mm of monthly rainfall
- 88 (Very High) UV index
The August weather guide for Washington, D.C. shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Washington weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in Washington in August is a hot 30°C (86°F) with high heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a comfortable 20°C (68°F). There are usually 8 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 62% of the 14 hours of daylight.
Expect 103mm (4.1 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 9 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be very high (8 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
Washington sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Washington in August 2019. Select a month to view Washington sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||06:09||20:19|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||06:22||20:02|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||06:36||19:40|
- Check out the low fares on flights to the USA
- Finnair flights connect in Helsinki Airport, Finland
- Browse lowest fares available
Discover more about the USA
More D.C. destinations
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details