- Save an extra 10% on cheap car hire worldwide
- With this exclusive Holiday Autos discount code
- Travel before 31st December 2019 (inclusive)
Longyearbyen weather in August 2019
- 66°C max day temperature
- 1313 days with some rainfall
- 22°C min night temperature
- 2323 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 3030 mm of monthly rainfall
- 11 (Low) UV index
- -1-1°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for Longyearbyen, Svalbard shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Longyearbyen weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in Longyearbyen in August is a cold 6°C (43°F). The average night-time temperature is usually a cold 2°C (36°F). There are usually 5 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 23% of the 23 hours of daylight.
Expect 30mm (1.2 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 13 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be low (1 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around Longyearbyen in August is -1°C (30°F).
Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Longyearbyen in August 2019. Select a month to view Longyearbyen sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||Daylight all day|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||Daylight all day|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||03:20||22:26|
- Compare car hire prices to find lowest rate
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before pick up
- Book car hire for over 20,000 destinations worldwide
More Svalbard destinations
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details