- Save up to £100 on summer 2021 holidays with TUI
- Plus testing packages + Covid cover & free changes
- Travel before 31st August 2021 (inclusive)
Portugal covid statistics & travel advice
The latest Covid-19 statistics on new cases and vaccine rollout in Portugal plus up-to-date travel advice and resources from government organisations and international agencies.
Vaccine rollout (%)
Partially · Fully
7-day · 14-day
Portugal · UK
- Covid vaccination statistics
- Covid new case statistics
- Current travel status & restrictions
- Coronavirus updates & resources
- More about Portugal
- Back to coronavirus advice
For a full summary of Covid-19 statistics and regulations by country, and to compare destinations around the world, visit our interactive Covid-19 travel planner.
Travel advice by country
Portugal Covid-19 vaccine rollout
Below are the latest statistics on Covid-19 vaccinations in Portugal showing the number of people and percentage of the population who are partially and fully vaccinated.
|As of 10/05/2021||Number of people||Percentage of population|
Portugal Covid-19 statistics - new cases
The figures below show the average numbers of new cases per 100,000 of population for Portugal recorded in the latest 7-day and 14-day period and the percentage difference from the week before, plus charts showing the numbers of new cases recorded over the past 10 weeks.
|Week ending||7-day average||7-day weekly change||14-day average||14-day weekly change|
New cases 7-day average
The 7-day average number of new Covid-19 cases per 100,000 of population for Portugal recorded over the past 10 weeks.
New cases 14-day average
The 14-day average number of new Covid-19 cases per 100,000 of population for Portugal recorded over the past 10 weeks.
The number of newly recorded cases per 100,000 of population for is courtesy of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and is updated weekly.
Portugal coronavirus live updates
- Travel advice for Portugal - UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO)
- Travellers' health for Portugal - Ministry of Health, Portugal
- Coronavirus timeline in Portugal - Wikipedia - coronavirus update
- Latest info on travel to Portugal - Portuguese Immigration and Borders Service
FCO travel advice
Portugal travel status
Below is the latest information on the travel and tourism status of Portugal including entry rules, pre-departure & in-destination Covid-19 testing and quarantine requirements plus current status on the UK travel list for returning to the UK.
Are there entry restrictions to Portugal due to the coronavirus?
Portugal is closed for tourism from the UK. Non-resident foreign nationals travelling from the UK are banned from entering.
Negative PCR or NAAT test results required for arrivals from the UK.
Check out Portuguese Immigration and Borders Service for more information.
- OOpen for tourism
- VVaccine passport accepted
- TTest required
- QVQuarantine excl. vaccinated
- TQVTest + quarantine excl. vaccinated
- T+QTest + quarantine required
- QQuarantine required
- C/BClosed for tourism/Travel ban
Do I need to quarantine in the UK if I travel from Portugal?
Portugal is on the Green list in the UK (Currently England only).
From 17 May 2021 - no quarantine is required. A pre-departure test in Portugal is required as well as a PCR test on or before day 2 back in the UK.
UK status - traffic light system
- GGreen list country
- CTACommon Travel Area
- G+Green watchlist country
- AAmber list country
- RRed list country
- BInternational travel ban
Discover more about Portugal
Recommended for Portugal
TUI deal finder
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.