- Save up to 40% on summer hotel stays in the Hotels sale
- Offers on hotel bookings to worldwide destinations
- Travel before 26th August 2019 (inclusive)
Fairbanks weather in January 2020
- -19-19°C max day temperature
- 77 days with some rainfall
- -28-28°C min night temperature
- 55 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 1818 mm of monthly rainfall
- 0No UV (Maximum) Index UV index
The January weather guide for Fairbanks, Alaska shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Fairbanks weather in January
The average maximum daytime temperature in Fairbanks in January is a very cold -19°C (-2°F). The average night-time temperature is usually a very cold -28°C (-18°F). There are usually 2 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 38% of the 5 hours of daylight.
Expect 18mm (0.7 inches) of rainfall across the whole of January with 7 days with some rain falling.
Fairbanks sunrise & sunset times for January 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Fairbanks in January 2020. Select a month to view Fairbanks sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Wednesday, 1st January 2020||10:54||14:55|
|Thursday, 16th January 2020||10:24||15:37|
|Friday, 31st January 2020||09:40||16:29|
- Explore the latest holiday offers for Alaska
- Filter offers by type, style, rating & departure date
- Book holidays & tours for 50 year olds & over
Discover more about the USA
More Alaska destinations
- Denali National Park
- Dutch Harbor
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details