- Save on holidays to Florida with the latest special offers
- Book holidays to Miami or the theme parks of Orlando
- Plus the Florida Keys or the beach on the Gulf or Atlantic coast
Fort Lauderdale weather in May 2020
- 3030°C max day temperature
- 1111 days with some rainfall
- 2222°C min night temperature
- 1313 hours of daylight per day
- HHigh heat & humidity
- 153153 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1111 (Extreme) UV index
- 2727°C sea temperature
The May weather guide for Fort Lauderdale, Florida shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Fort Lauderdale weather in May
The average maximum daytime temperature in Fort Lauderdale in May is a hot 30°C (86°F) with high heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a warm 22°C (72°F). There are usually 10 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 71% of the 13 hours of daylight.
Expect 153mm (6.0 inches) of rainfall across the whole of May with 11 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be extreme (11 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around Fort Lauderdale in May is 27°C (81°F).
Fort Lauderdale sunrise & sunset times for May 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Fort Lauderdale in May 2020. Select a month to view Fort Lauderdale sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st May 2020||06:43||19:53|
|Saturday, 16th May 2020||06:34||20:01|
|Sunday, 31st May 2020||06:29||20:08|
- Save on holidays to Florida in Virgin Holidays sale
- Book holidays to Orlando, Miami, Gulf Coast & Florida Keys
- Travel before 31st December 2020 (inclusive)
Discover more about Florida
Where's hot in Florida in May?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Florida in May. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
- Fort Lauderdale
- St Pete Beach
- Daytona Beach
- Key West
- Panama City
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.