- Save EXTRA 10% on cheap car hire worldwide
- With this exclusive Holiday Autos discount code
- Travel before 31st December 2020 (inclusive)
Thimphu weather in May 2020
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for Bhutan with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- 1616°C max day temperature
- 1111 days with some rainfall
- 66°C min night temperature
- 1414 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 180180 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1111+ (Extreme) UV index
The May weather guide for Thimphu, Bhutan shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How warm is it in Thimphu in May?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 16°C in Thimphu in May, falling to 6°C at night.
How sunny is it in Thimphu in May?
There are normally 7 hours of bright sunshine each day in Thimphu in May - that's 51% of daylight hours.
Does it rain in Thimphu in May?
There are usually 11 days with some rain in Thimphu in May and the average monthly rainfall is 180mm.
Thimphu sunrise & sunset times for May 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Thimphu in May 2020. Select a month to view Thimphu sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st May 2020||05:22||18:35|
|Saturday, 16th May 2020||05:12||18:44|
|Sunday, 31st May 2020||05:07||18:52|
- Save EXTRA 10% on air holidays & river cruises up to 2022
- Book tours to Europe, Asia, Africa & North America
- Travel before 31st December 2022 (inclusive)
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Where's hot in Bhutan in May?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Bhutan in May. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.