- Check out latest hotel deals worldwide with Booking.com
- Find trending hotels, popular destinations & more
- Search for specific destinations & dates or by hotel type
Johannesburg weather in May 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (Covid-19) updates for South Africa with current travel advice, vaccine statistics and online resources.
- 2020°C max day temperature
- 33 days with some rainfall
- 66°C min night temperature
- 1111 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 1515 mm of monthly rainfall
- 66 (High) UV index
Recommended for South Africa
The May weather guide for Johannesburg, South Africa shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Johannesburg in May?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 20°C in Johannesburg in May, falling to 6°C at night.
How sunny is it in Johannesburg in May?
There are normally 9 hours of bright sunshine each day in Johannesburg in May - that's 83% of daylight hours.
Does it ever rain in Johannesburg in May?
There are usually 3 days with some rain in Johannesburg in May and the average monthly rainfall is 15mm.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Johannesburg sunrise & sunset times for May 2021
Browse the sunrise and sunset times for Johannesburg in May 2021. Select a month to view Johannesburg sunrise & sunset times for the next 12 months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st May 2021||06:32||17:38|
|Sunday, 16th May 2021||06:40||17:29|
|Monday, 31st May 2021||06:47||17:24|
- Combine flights + hotel & save up to 15% on holiday bookings
- Search for holiday deals for destinations worldwide
- Filter offers by price, board basis, star rating & accommodation
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.