- Explore the latest offers on IHG hotels in Papua New Guinea
- Book direcly with IHG online & get the lowest rate
- Join the IHG Rewards Club for discounts, benefits & more
Port Moresby weather in September 2019
- 3030°C max day temperature
- 77 days with some rainfall
- 2222°C min night temperature
- 1212 hours of daylight per day
- HHigh heat & humidity
- 8282 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1111+ (Extreme) UV index
- 2525°C sea temperature
The September weather guide for Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Port Moresby weather in September
The average maximum daytime temperature in Port Moresby in September is a hot 30°C (86°F) with high heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a warm 22°C (72°F). There are usually 7 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 56% of the 12 hours of daylight.
Expect 82mm (3.2 inches) of rainfall across the whole of September with 7 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be extreme (11+ UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around Port Moresby in September is 25°C (77°F).
Port Moresby sunrise & sunset times for September 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Port Moresby in September 2019. Select a month to view Port Moresby sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Sunday, 1st September 2019||06:14||18:09|
|Sunday, 15th September 2019||06:06||18:08|
|Monday, 30th September 2019||05:56||18:07|
- Save up to 40% on summer hotel stays in the Hotels sale
- Offers on hotel bookings to worldwide destinations
- Travel before 26th August 2019 (inclusive)
More Papua New Guinea destinations
- Kairiru Island
- Mount Hagen
- Port Moresby
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details