- Save EXTRA 8% on selected hotels worldwide
- Plus free cancellation on most rooms with Hotels.com
- Travel before 30th September 2021 (inclusive)
Pyongyang weather in May 2022
Get the latest coronavirus (Covid-19) updates for North Korea with current travel advice and statistics on new cases per 100,000 and vaccine.
- 2222°C max day temperature
- 99 days with some rainfall
- 1010°C min night temperature
- 1414 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 6363 mm of monthly rainfall
- 77 (High) UV index
Recommended for North Korea
The May weather guide for Pyongyang, North Korea shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Pyongyang in May?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 22°C in Pyongyang in May, falling to 10°C at night.
How sunny is it in Pyongyang in May?
There are normally 8 hours of bright sunshine each day in Pyongyang in May - that's 59% of daylight hours.
Does it rain in Pyongyang in May?
There are usually 9 days with some rain in Pyongyang in May and the average monthly rainfall is 63mm.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Pyongyang sunrise & sunset times for May 2022
Browse the sunrise and sunset times for Pyongyang in May 2022. Select a month to view Pyongyang sunrise & sunset times for the next 12 months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Sunday, 1st May 2022||05:40||19:29|
|Monday, 16th May 2022||05:24||19:44|
|Tuesday, 31st May 2022||05:14||19:56|
- Check out top flight deals & low fares from popular airlines
- Search for return & one-way flights or multi-city trips
- Airlines include BA, Virgin Atlantic, United & Turkish Airlines
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.