- Search & compare the best car hire deals
- Free 48-hour cancellation policy & no hidden charges
- Check prices with Avis, Europcar, Sixt & more
Pyongyang weather in January 2022
Get the latest coronavirus (Covid-19) updates for North Korea with current travel advice and statistics on new cases per 100,000 and vaccine.
- -3-3°C max day temperature
- 55 days with some rainfall
- -13-13°C min night temperature
- 1010 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 1414 mm of monthly rainfall
- 22 (Low) UV index
Recommended for North Korea
The January weather guide for Pyongyang, North Korea shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How cold is it in Pyongyang in January?
Daytime temperatures usually reach -3°C in Pyongyang in January, falling to -13°C at night.
How sunny is it in Pyongyang in January?
There are normally 6 hours of bright sunshine each day in Pyongyang in January - that's 59% of daylight hours.
Does it rain in Pyongyang in January?
There are usually 5 days with some rain in Pyongyang in January and the average monthly rainfall is 14mm. Rain may fall as snow in this month.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Pyongyang sunrise & sunset times for January 2022
Browse the sunrise and sunset times for Pyongyang in January 2022. Select a month to view Pyongyang sunrise & sunset times for the next 12 months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st January 2022||07:56||17:25|
|Sunday, 16th January 2022||07:54||17:39|
|Monday, 31st January 2022||07:45||17:56|
- Combine flights + hotel & save up to 15% on holiday bookings
- Search for holiday deals for destinations worldwide
- Filter offers by price, board basis, star rating & accommodation
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.