- Combine flights + hotel & save up to 15% on holiday bookings
- Search for holiday deals for destinations worldwide
- Filter offers by price, board basis, star rating & accommodation
Pyongyang weather in August 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (Covid-19) updates for North Korea with current travel advice and statistics on new cases per 100,000 and vaccine.
- 2929°C max day temperature
- 1414 days with some rainfall
- 2121°C min night temperature
- 1414 hours of daylight per day
- HHigh heat & humidity
- 251251 mm of monthly rainfall
- 99 (Very High) UV index
Recommended for North Korea
The August weather guide for Pyongyang, North Korea shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Pyongyang in August?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 29°C in Pyongyang in August with high heat and humidity, falling to 21°C at night.
How sunny is it in Pyongyang in August?
There are normally 7 hours of bright sunshine each day in Pyongyang in August - that's 48% of daylight hours.
Does it rain in Pyongyang in August?
There are usually 14 days with some rain in Pyongyang in August and the average monthly rainfall is 251mm.
What is the chance of a typhoon in Pyongyang in August?
On average less than 1 day in August in Pyongyang is likely to be affected by the passage of one or more tropical storms.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Pyongyang sunrise & sunset times for August 2021
Browse the sunrise and sunset times for Pyongyang in August 2021. Select a month to view Pyongyang sunrise & sunset times for the next 12 months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Sunday, 1st August 2021||05:37||19:49|
|Monday, 16th August 2021||05:51||19:31|
|Tuesday, 31st August 2021||06:05||19:09|
- Check out top flight deals & low fares from popular airlines
- Search for return & one-way flights or multi-city trips
- Airlines include BA, Virgin Atlantic, United & Turkish Airlines
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.