- Book flights to New Orleans from the UK with Virgin Atlantic
- Depart from London Heathrow Airport
- Join Flying Club & earn miles with every booking
New Orleans weather in May 2020
- 2929°C max day temperature
- 88 days with some rainfall
- 1919°C min night temperature
- 1414 hours of daylight per day
- MModerate heat & humidity
- 122122 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1010 (Very High) UV index
The May weather guide for New Orleans, Louisiana shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in New Orleans in May?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 29°C in New Orleans in May with moderate heat and humidity, falling to 19°C at night.
How sunny is it in New Orleans in May?
There are normally 9 hours of bright sunshine each day in New Orleans in May - that's 67% of daylight hours.
Does it rain in New Orleans in May?
There are usually 8 days with some rain in New Orleans in May and the average monthly rainfall is 122mm.
New Orleans sunrise & sunset times for May 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for New Orleans in May 2020. Select a month to view New Orleans sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st May 2020||06:17||19:38|
|Saturday, 16th May 2020||06:06||19:48|
|Sunday, 31st May 2020||06:00||19:57|
- Pre-book New Orleans car hire online & save
- FREE additional driver available for New Orleans Airport
- Plus FREE breakdown assistance on all US rentals
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about the USA
Where's hot in Louisiana in May?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Louisiana in May. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.