- Save EXTRA 8% on selected hotels worldwide
- Destinations across Europe, Asia, Africa & the Americas
- Travel before 21st November 2019 (inclusive)
Grytviken weather in May 2020
- 22°C max day temperature
- 1818 days with some rainfall
- -4-4°C min night temperature
- 88 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 178178 mm of monthly rainfall
- 11 (Low) UV index
- 22°C sea temperature
The May weather guide for Grytviken, South Georgia shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Grytviken weather in May
The average maximum daytime temperature in Grytviken in May is a cold 2°C (36°F). The average night-time temperature is usually a very cold -4°C (25°F). There is usually 1 hour of bright sunshine each day, which represents 14% of the 8 hours of daylight.
Expect 178mm (7.0 inches) of rainfall across the whole of May with 18 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be low (1 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around Grytviken in May is 2°C (36°F).
Grytviken sunrise & sunset times for May 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Grytviken in May 2020. Select a month to view Grytviken sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st May 2020||07:46||16:59|
|Saturday, 16th May 2020||08:12||16:32|
|Sunday, 31st May 2020||08:33||16:14|
- Save an extra 10% on cheap car hire worldwide
- With this exclusive Holiday Autos discount code
- Travel before 31st December 2019 (inclusive)
More South Georgia destinations
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details