- Explore the latest offers on IHG hotels in France
- Book direcly with IHG online & get the lowest rate
- Join the IHG Rewards Club for discounts, benefits & more
France weather in May 2020
- 1818°C max day temperature
- 1515 days with some rainfall
- 99°C min night temperature
- 1515 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 6262 mm of monthly rainfall
- 66 (High) UV index
The May weather guide for France, represented by Paris, shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to France weather in May
The average maximum daytime temperature in France in May is a comfortable 18°C (64°F). The average night-time temperature is usually a cool 9°C (48°F). There are usually 7 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 42% of the 15 hours of daylight.
Expect 62mm (2.4 inches) of rainfall across the whole of May with 15 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be high (6 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The weather in France in May is represented by Paris.
France sunrise & sunset times for May 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for France in May 2020. Select a month to view France sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months. The France sunrise & sunset times shown below are for Paris.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st May 2020||06:30||21:07|
|Saturday, 16th May 2020||06:07||21:28|
|Sunday, 31st May 2020||05:52||21:45|
- Save on ski accommodation at Christmas & New Year 2019
- Book skiing holiday accommdation in the Alps & Pyrenees
- Travel between 1st Nov 2019 & 30th Apr 2020 (inclusive)
Discover more about France
Popular France destinations
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in France in May. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details