- Save at least 15% on hotels in the Booking.com getaway sale
- Book hotels in Rome, Bangkok, Marrakech & more
- Travel before 31st August 2019 (inclusive)
Grytviken weather in January 2020
- 77°C max day temperature
- 1717 days with some rainfall
- 11°C min night temperature
- 1616 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 112112 mm of monthly rainfall
- 77 (High) UV index
- 33°C sea temperature
The January weather guide for Grytviken, South Georgia shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Grytviken weather in January
The average maximum daytime temperature in Grytviken in January is a cold 7°C (45°F). The average night-time temperature is usually a cold 1°C (34°F). There are usually 3 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 18% of the 16 hours of daylight.
Expect 112mm (4.4 inches) of rainfall across the whole of January with 17 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be high (7 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around Grytviken in January is 3°C (37°F).
Grytviken sunrise & sunset times for January 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Grytviken in January 2020. Select a month to view Grytviken sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Wednesday, 1st January 2020||03:57||21:02|
|Thursday, 16th January 2020||04:19||20:51|
|Friday, 31st January 2020||04:49||20:29|
- Save up to 60% on hotels with Priceline Express Deals
- Search for cheap hotel deals by city or airport
- Filter deals by star rating, price, amenities & hotel area
More South Georgia destinations
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details