- Book for Polar Voyages to Arctic & Antarctica in 2020/2021
- Visit the polar bears of Svalbard & penguins of the Falklands
- Get FREE upgrades & discounts when you book online
Grytviken weather in January 2021
- 77°C max day temperature
- 1717 days with some rainfall
- 11°C min night temperature
- 1616 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 112112 mm of monthly rainfall
- 77 (High) UV index
- 33°C sea temperature
The January weather guide for Grytviken, South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How cold is it in Grytviken in January?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 7°C in Grytviken in January, falling to 1°C at night.
How sunny is it in Grytviken in January?
There are normally 3 hours of bright sunshine each day in Grytviken in January - that's 18% of daylight hours.
Is the sea cold around Grytviken in January?
The average sea temperature around Grytviken in January is 3°C.
Does it rain in Grytviken in January?
There are usually 17 days with some rain in Grytviken in January and the average monthly rainfall is 112mm.
Grytviken sunrise & sunset times for January 2021
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Grytviken in January 2021. Select a month to view Grytviken sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st January 2021||03:57||21:02|
|Saturday, 16th January 2021||04:20||20:50|
|Sunday, 31st January 2021||04:50||20:28|
- Save up to 40% on worldwide tours & adventure holidays
- Book travel deals for Asia, Europe, Africa & more
- Discount & departure dates vary by destination
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
More South Georgia destinations
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.