- Book for Polar Voyages to Arctic & Antarctica in 2020/2021
- Visit the polar bears of Svalbard & penguins of the Falklands
- Get FREE upgrades & discounts when you book online
Grytviken weather in December 2020
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for the South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- 66°C max day temperature
- 1616 days with some rainfall
- 00°C min night temperature
- 1717 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 9090 mm of monthly rainfall
- 88 (Very High) UV index
- 22°C sea temperature
The December weather guide for Grytviken, South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How cold is it in Grytviken in December?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 6°C in Grytviken in December, falling to -0°C at night.
How sunny is it in Grytviken in December?
There are normally 3 hours of bright sunshine each day in Grytviken in December - that's 15% of daylight hours.
Is the sea cold around Grytviken in December?
The average sea temperature around Grytviken in December is 2°C.
Does it rain in Grytviken in December?
There are usually 16 days with some rain in Grytviken in December and the average monthly rainfall is 90mm.
Grytviken sunrise & sunset times for December 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Grytviken in December 2020. Select a month to view Grytviken sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Tuesday, 1st December 2020||03:52||20:39|
|Wednesday, 16th December 2020||03:47||20:58|
|Thursday, 31st December 2020||03:56||21:02|
- Combine flights + hotel & save up to 15% on holiday bookings
- Search for holiday deals for destinations worldwide
- Filter offers by price, board basis, star rating & accommodation
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
More South Georgia destinations
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.