- Compare car hire prices to find lowest rate
- Free cancellation up to 48 hours before pick up
- Book car hire for over 20,000 destinations worldwide
California weather in August 2019
- 3030°C max day temperature
- 11 day with some rainfall
- 1818°C min night temperature
- 1313 hours of daylight per day
- MModerate heat & humidity
- 44 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1010 (Very High) UV index
The August weather guide for California, represented by Los Angeles, shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to California weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in California in August is a hot 30°C (86°F) with moderate heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a comfortable 18°C (64°F). There are usually 11 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 83% of the 13 hours of daylight.
Expect 4mm (0.2 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 1 day with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be very high (10 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The weather in California in August is represented by Los Angeles.
California sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for California in August 2019. Select a month to view California sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months. The California sunrise & sunset times shown below are for Los Angeles.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||06:04||19:54|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||06:15||19:39|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||06:26||19:20|
- Save 50% on Sunday night on weekend stays
- Arrive on Thursday, Friday or Saturday to get discount
- Participating hotels in the Caribbean & Americas
Discover more about California
Popular California destinations
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in California in August. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details