- Save up to 15% on Avis car hire for Canada
- Offer available at participating locations in Canada
- Avis discount code excludes Car Group X
- Blackout periods may apply
Mammoth Lakes weather in August 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for the USA with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- 2424°C max day temperature
- 55 days with some rainfall
- 66°C min night temperature
- 1414 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 2121 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1010 (Very High) UV index
The August weather guide for Mammoth Lakes, California shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Recommended for California
How hot is it in Mammoth Lakes in August?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 24°C in Mammoth Lakes in August, falling to 6°C at night.
How sunny is it in Mammoth Lakes in August?
There are normally 11 hours of bright sunshine each day in Mammoth Lakes in August - that's 80% of daylight hours.
Does it rain in Mammoth Lakes in August?
There are usually 5 days with some rain in Mammoth Lakes in August and the average monthly rainfall is 21mm.
Mammoth Lakes sunrise & sunset times for August 2021
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Mammoth Lakes in August 2021. Select a month to view Mammoth Lakes sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Sunday, 1st August 2021||06:00||20:04|
|Monday, 16th August 2021||06:13||19:47|
|Tuesday, 31st August 2021||06:26||19:26|
- Save EXTRA £50 per adult on holidays, cruises & tours
- Includes escorted tours & river cruises - no min spend
- Enter discount code at checkout. Excludes children
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about California
Where is hot in California in August for 2021/2022?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in California in August. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
- Death Valley
- Palm Springs
- Los Angeles
- Beverly Hills
- Santa Monica
- San Diego
- Santa Barbara
- Lake Tahoe
- Big Sur
- San Francisco
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.