- Combine flights + hotel & save up to 15% on holiday bookings
- Search for holiday deals for destinations worldwide
- Filter offers by price, board basis, star rating & accommodation
Death Valley weather in August 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for the USA with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- 4444°C max day temperature
- 11 day with some rainfall
- 2929°C min night temperature
- 1313 hours of daylight per day
- EExtreme heat & humidity
- 33 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1010 (Very High) UV index
The August weather guide for Death Valley, California shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Recommended for California
How hot is it in Death Valley in August?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 44°C in Death Valley in August with extreme heat and humidity, falling to 29°C at night.
How sunny is it in Death Valley in August?
There are normally 12 hours of bright sunshine each day in Death Valley in August - that's 92% of daylight hours.
Does it ever rain in Death Valley in August?
There is usually 1 day with some rain in Death Valley in August and the average monthly rainfall is 3mm.
Death Valley sunrise & sunset times for August 2021
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Death Valley in August 2021. Select a month to view Death Valley sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Sunday, 1st August 2021||05:54||19:53|
|Monday, 16th August 2021||06:06||19:36|
|Tuesday, 31st August 2021||06:18||19:16|
- Save on flights to Canada, USA & the rest of the Americas
- Book online for low fares with Air Canada
- Fly to Toronto, Vancouver, New York, Cancun & more
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about California
Where is hot in California in August for 2021/2022?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in California in August. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
- Death Valley
- Palm Springs
- Los Angeles
- Beverly Hills
- Santa Monica
- San Diego
- Santa Barbara
- Lake Tahoe
- Big Sur
- San Francisco
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.