- Save up to 50% on adventure holidays & tours
- Browse the best deals or search by destination & date
- Book tours to Europe, Asia, Africa & the Americas
Grytviken weather in August 2020
- 11°C max day temperature
- 1515 days with some rainfall
- -5-5°C min night temperature
- 1010 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 139139 mm of monthly rainfall
- 11 (Low) UV index
- 00°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for Grytviken, South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How cold is it in Grytviken in August?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 1°C in Grytviken in August, falling to -5°C at night.
How sunny is it in Grytviken in August?
There are normally 2 hours of bright sunshine each day in Grytviken in August - that's 16% of daylight hours.
Is the sea cold around Grytviken in August?
The average sea temperature around Grytviken in August is 0°C.
Does it rain in Grytviken in August?
There are usually 15 days with some rain in Grytviken in August and the average monthly rainfall is 139mm.
Grytviken sunrise & sunset times for August 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Grytviken in August 2020. Select a month to view Grytviken sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st August 2020||08:12||16:53|
|Sunday, 16th August 2020||07:42||17:19|
|Monday, 31st August 2020||07:08||17:45|
- Browse current deals & offers on tours to the South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands
- Filter deals by date, duration, tour type & difficulty
- Prices shown with & without flights where available
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
More South Georgia destinations
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.