- Compare the prices with the leading car hire companies
- Including Alamo, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt & Thrifty
- Plus 24/7 support from UK based office
Grytviken weather in August 2019
- 11°C max day temperature
- 1515 days with some rainfall
- -5-5°C min night temperature
- 1010 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 139139 mm of monthly rainfall
- 11 (Low) UV index
- 00°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for Grytviken, South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Grytviken weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in Grytviken in August is a cold 1°C (34°F). The average night-time temperature is usually a very cold -5°C (23°F). There are usually 2 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 16% of the 10 hours of daylight.
Expect 139mm (5.5 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 15 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be low (1 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The average sea temperature in and around Grytviken in August is 0°C (32°F).
Grytviken sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Grytviken in August 2019. Select a month to view Grytviken sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||08:13||16:52|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||07:44||17:18|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||07:10||17:44|
- Save up to 40% with Hotels.com summer sale
- Offers on hotel bookings to worldwide destinations
- Travel before 26th September 2019 (inclusive)
More South Georgia destinations
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.