- Browse top deals on Millennium Hotels in Asia
- Book hotel stays in Thailand, Malaysia, Singamore & more
- Including online discounts, flexible rates & sale offers
Kota Kinabalu weather in August 2020
- 3131°C max day temperature
- 1818 days with some rainfall
- 2323°C min night temperature
- 1212 hours of daylight per day
- VHVery High heat & humidity
- 246246 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1111+ (Extreme) UV index
- 3030°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Kota Kinabalu in August?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 31°C in Kota Kinabalu in August with very high heat and humidity, falling to 23°C at night.
How sunny is it in Kota Kinabalu in August?
There are normally 6 hours of bright sunshine each day in Kota Kinabalu in August - that's 52% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Kota Kinabalu in August?
The average sea temperature around Kota Kinabalu in August is 30°C.
Does it rain in Kota Kinabalu in August?
There are usually 18 days with some rain in Kota Kinabalu in August and the average monthly rainfall is 246mm.
Kota Kinabalu sunrise & sunset times for August 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Kota Kinabalu in August 2020. Select a month to view Kota Kinabalu sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st August 2020||06:11||18:33|
|Sunday, 16th August 2020||06:11||18:29|
|Monday, 31st August 2020||06:09||18:23|
- Book flights to worldwide destinations with Cathay Pacific
- Check the lowest fares on flights departing from the UK
- Alternatively search for specific a route & travel dates
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about Malaysia
Where's hot in Malaysia in August?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Malaysia in August. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.