- Check out top flight deals & low fares from popular airlines
- Search for return & one-way flights or multi-city trips
- Airlines include BA, Virgin Atlantic, United & Turkish Airlines
Port Moresby weather in January 2022
Get the latest coronavirus (Covid-19) updates for Papua New Guinea with current travel advice and statistics on new cases per 100,000 and vaccine.
- 3131°C max day temperature
- 1919 days with some rainfall
- 2323°C min night temperature
- 1313 hours of daylight per day
- VHVery High heat & humidity
- 231231 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1111+ (Extreme) UV index
- 2929°C sea temperature
Recommended for Papua New Guinea
The January weather guide for Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Port Moresby in January?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 31°C in Port Moresby in January with very high heat and humidity, falling to 23°C at night.
How sunny is it in Port Moresby in January?
There are normally 6 hours of bright sunshine each day in Port Moresby in January - that's 47% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Port Moresby in January?
The average sea temperature around Port Moresby in January is 29°C.
Does it rain in Port Moresby in January?
There are usually 19 days with some rain in Port Moresby in January and the average monthly rainfall is 231mm.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Port Moresby sunrise & sunset times for January 2022
Browse the sunrise and sunset times for Port Moresby in January 2022. Select a month to view Port Moresby sunrise & sunset times for the next 12 months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st January 2022||05:55||18:35|
|Sunday, 16th January 2022||06:02||18:39|
|Monday, 31st January 2022||06:09||18:40|
- Save on UK travel with KAYAK's deals of the day
- Find deals for destinations around the world
- Filter by travel deal type, budget & month
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.