- Search for cheap car hire prices from top car hire providers
- Filter car hire deals by price, car type, brand & more
- Brands include Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Sixt & Thifty
Port Moresby weather in August 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for Papua New Guinea with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- 2929°C max day temperature
- 66 days with some rainfall
- 2222°C min night temperature
- 1212 hours of daylight per day
- HHigh heat & humidity
- 4949 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1111+ (Extreme) UV index
- 2525°C sea temperature
The August weather guide for Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Recommended for Papua New Guinea
How hot is it in Port Moresby in August?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 29°C in Port Moresby in August with high heat and humidity, falling to 22°C at night.
How sunny is it in Port Moresby in August?
There are normally 7 hours of bright sunshine each day in Port Moresby in August - that's 56% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Port Moresby in August?
The average sea temperature around Port Moresby in August is 25°C.
Does it rain in Port Moresby in August?
There are usually 6 days with some rain in Port Moresby in August and the average monthly rainfall is 49mm.
Port Moresby sunrise & sunset times for August 2021
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Port Moresby in August 2021. Select a month to view Port Moresby sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Sunday, 1st August 2021||06:27||18:09|
|Monday, 16th August 2021||06:22||18:10|
|Tuesday, 31st August 2021||06:14||18:09|
- Check out top flight deals & low fares from popular airlines
- Search for return & one-way flights or multi-city trips
- Airlines include BA, Virgin Atlantic, United & Turkish Airlines
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Where is hot in Papua New Guinea in August for 2021/2022?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Papua New Guinea in August. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.