- Save on return flights to worldwide destinations with KLM
- Book flights to Abu Dhabi, Jo'burg, Tokyo & more
- Plus more flights to the Americas, Middle East & Europe
Tauranga weather in May 2021
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for New Zealand with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- 1616°C max day temperature
- 1212 days with some rainfall
- 88°C min night temperature
- 1010 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 143143 mm of monthly rainfall
- 33 (Moderate) UV index
- 1717°C sea temperature
The May weather guide for Tauranga, New Zealand shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Recommended for New Zealand
How warm is it in Tauranga in May?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 16°C in Tauranga in May, falling to 8°C at night.
How sunny is it in Tauranga in May?
There are normally 5 hours of bright sunshine each day in Tauranga in May - that's 47% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Tauranga in May?
The average sea temperature around Tauranga in May is 17°C.
Does it rain in Tauranga in May?
There are usually 12 days with some rain in Tauranga in May and the average monthly rainfall is 143mm.
Tauranga sunrise & sunset times for May 2021
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Tauranga in May 2021. Select a month to view Tauranga sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st May 2021||06:56||17:29|
|Sunday, 16th May 2021||07:09||17:14|
|Monday, 31st May 2021||07:21||17:05|
- Book surfing holidays & surf lessons worldwide
- Pick from some of the world's top surf destinations
- Choose from surf packages, accommodation or lessons
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Where is hot in New Zealand in May for 2021/2022?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in New Zealand in May. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.