- Book online & save 12% on holidays to Italy
- Book online with TUI to receive discount
- FREE kids places & low deposits also available
Italy weather in May 2020
- 2323°C max day temperature
- 1010 days with some rainfall
- 1111°C min night temperature
- 1515 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 4545 mm of monthly rainfall
- 77 (High) UV index
The May weather guide for Italy, represented by Rome, shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Italy weather in May
The average maximum daytime temperature in Italy in May is a warm 23°C (73°F). The average night-time temperature is usually a cool 11°C (52°F). There are usually 9 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 59% of the 15 hours of daylight.
Expect 45mm (1.8 inches) of rainfall across the whole of May with 10 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be high (7 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
The weather in Italy in May is represented by Rome.
Italy sunrise & sunset times for May 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Italy in May 2020. Select a month to view Italy sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months. The Italy sunrise & sunset times shown below are for Rome.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Friday, 1st May 2020||06:06||20:09|
|Saturday, 16th May 2020||05:49||20:25|
|Sunday, 31st May 2020||05:38||20:38|
- Save up to £1,400 per couple on selected last minute tours
- Book escorted tours, cruises & rail trips
- Travel before 31st December 2019 (inclusive)
Discover more about Italy
Popular Italy destinations
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Italy in May. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
More Italy regions
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details