- Latest flight offers and special deals from Lufthansa
- Flights to Germany (including Frankfurt & Munich)
- Plus destinations across Europe and around the world
Riga weather in January 2022
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for Latvia with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- -2-2°C max day temperature
- 1818 days with some rainfall
- -8-8°C min night temperature
- 88 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 3636 mm of monthly rainfall
- 0No UV (Maximum) Index UV index
- 00°C sea temperature
Recommended for Latvia
The January weather guide for Riga, Latvia shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How cold is it in Riga in January?
Daytime temperatures usually reach -2°C in Riga in January, falling to -8°C at night.
How sunny is it in Riga in January?
There are normally 1 hour of bright sunshine each day in Riga in January - that's 13% of daylight hours.
Is the sea cold around Riga in January?
The average sea temperature around Riga in January is -0°C.
Does it rain in Riga in January?
There are usually 18 days with some rain in Riga in January and the average monthly rainfall is 36mm. Rain may fall as snow in this month.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Riga sunrise & sunset times for January 2022
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Riga in January 2022. Select a month to view Riga sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st January 2022||09:01||15:53|
|Sunday, 16th January 2022||08:49||16:18|
|Monday, 31st January 2022||08:25||16:50|
- Check out latest hotel deals worldwide with Booking.com
- Find trending hotels, popular destinations & more
- Search for specific destinations & dates or by hotel type
Where is warm in Latvia in January for 2022/2023?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Latvia in January. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.