- Save up to 60% on hotels with Priceline Express Deals
- Search for cheap hotel deals by city or airport
- Filter deals by star rating, price, amenities & hotel area
Kyoto weather in August 2020
Get the latest coronavirus (COVID-19) updates for Japan with current travel advice, statistics and online resources.
- 3030°C max day temperature
- 1717 days with some rainfall
- 2222°C min night temperature
- 1313 hours of daylight per day
- VHVery High heat & humidity
- 126126 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1010 (Very High) UV index
The August weather guide for Kyoto, Japan shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Kyoto in August?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 30°C in Kyoto in August with very high heat and humidity, falling to 22°C at night.
How sunny is it in Kyoto in August?
There are normally 6 hours of bright sunshine each day in Kyoto in August - that's 44% of daylight hours.
Does it rain in Kyoto in August?
There are usually 17 days with some rain in Kyoto in August and the average monthly rainfall is 126mm.
What is the chance of a typhoon in Kyoto in August?
On average 1.7 days in August in Kyoto are likely to be affected by the passage of one or more tropical storms.
Kyoto sunrise & sunset times for August 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Kyoto in August 2020. Select a month to view Kyoto sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Saturday, 1st August 2020||05:06||19:00|
|Sunday, 16th August 2020||05:18||18:44|
|Monday, 31st August 2020||05:29||18:25|
- Save EXTRA £60 on Wendy Wu Tours with flights
- Book tours to South America, Asia & more
- Travel before 31st December 2020 (inclusive)
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Discover more about Japan
Where's hot in Japan in August?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Japan in August. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.