- Browse the low fares on flights to Osaka, Japan
- Depart from Heathrow & Gatwick + other UK airports
- Book return flights online from £569
Kyoto weather in August 2019
- 3030°C max day temperature
- 1717 days with some rainfall
- 2222°C min night temperature
- 1313 hours of daylight per day
- VHVery High heat & humidity
- 126126 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1010 (Very High) UV index
The August weather guide for Kyoto, Japan shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Kyoto weather in August
The average maximum daytime temperature in Kyoto in August is a hot 30°C (86°F) with very high heat & humidity. The average night-time temperature is usually a warm 22°C (72°F). There are usually 6 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 44% of the 13 hours of daylight.
Expect 126mm (5.0 inches) of rainfall across the whole of August with 17 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be very high (10 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
Kyoto sunrise & sunset times for August 2019
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Kyoto in August 2019. Select a month to view Kyoto sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Thursday, 1st August 2019||05:06||19:00|
|Friday, 16th August 2019||05:17||18:45|
|Saturday, 31st August 2019||05:28||18:26|
- Save an extra 10% on worldwide car hire
- Book with the exclusive Argus Car Hire discount code
- Travel before 31st December 2019 (inclusive)
Discover more about Japan
Where's hot in Japan in August?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Japan in August. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.