- Save up to 60% on hotels in the Alpha Rooms sale
- Search for hotels at popular holiday destinations worldwide
- Filter deals by TripAdvisor rating, star rating, facilities & more
Alotau weather in January 2020
- 3030°C max day temperature
- 2121 days with some rainfall
- 2323°C min night temperature
- 1313 hours of daylight per day
- HHigh heat & humidity
- 220220 mm of monthly rainfall
- 1111+ (Extreme) UV index
- 2929°C sea temperature
The January weather guide for Alotau, Papua New Guinea shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
How hot is it in Alotau in January?
Daytime temperatures usually reach 30°C in Alotau in January with high heat and humidity, falling to 23°C at night.
How sunny is it in Alotau in January?
There are normally 6 hours of bright sunshine each day in Alotau in January - that's 48% of daylight hours.
How warm is the sea around Alotau in January?
The average sea temperature around Alotau in January is 29°C.
Does it rain in Alotau in January?
There are usually 21 days with some rain in Alotau in January and the average monthly rainfall is 220mm.
Alotau sunrise & sunset times for January 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Alotau in January 2020. Select a month to view Alotau sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Wednesday, 1st January 2020||05:40||18:23|
|Thursday, 16th January 2020||05:48||18:27|
|Friday, 31st January 2020||05:55||18:28|
- Explore the latest offers on IHG hotels in Papua New Guinea
- Book direcly with IHG online & get the lowest rate
- Join the IHG Rewards Club for discounts, benefits & more
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Where's hot in Papua New Guinea in January?
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Papua New Guinea in January. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
Get your weekly fix of holiday inspiration from some of the world's best travel writers plus save on your next trip with the latest exclusive offers
We promise not to share your details
Popular travel offers
*affiliate links: find out how we are funded and why this helps us remain free to use.