- Book online & save 12% on holidays to Italy
- Book online with TUI to receive discount
- FREE kids places & low deposits also available
Rome weather in January 2020
- 1212°C max day temperature
- 1414 days with some rainfall
- 33°C min night temperature
- 1010 hours of daylight per day
- 0No heat & humidity
- 8383 mm of monthly rainfall
- 22 (Low) UV index
The January weather guide for Rome, Italy shows long term weather averages processed from data supplied by CRU (University of East Anglia), the Met Office & the Netherlands Meteorological Institute. Find out more about our data sources.
Metric (°C / mm) | Imperial (°F / inches)
Guide to Rome weather in January
The average maximum daytime temperature in Rome in January is a cool 12°C (54°F). The average night-time temperature is usually a cold 3°C (37°F). There are usually 4 hours of bright sunshine each day, which represents 41% of the 10 hours of daylight.
Expect 83mm (3.3 inches) of rainfall across the whole of January with 14 days with some rain falling. Maximum UV levels will be low (2 UV index) at midday when the skies are clear.
Rome sunrise & sunset times for January 2020
Browse the sunrise & sunset times for Rome in January 2020. Select a month to view Rome sunrise & sunset times for the next twelve months.
|Date||Sunrise times||Sunset times|
|Wednesday, 1st January 2020||07:38||16:49|
|Thursday, 16th January 2020||07:35||17:04|
|Friday, 31st January 2020||07:24||17:23|
- Save up to £1,400 per couple on selected last minute tours
- Book escorted tours, cruises & rail trips
- Travel before 31st December 2019 (inclusive)
Discover more about Italy
Popular Italy destinations
Below are average maximum temperatures at popular destinations in Italy in January. Select a destination to see more weather parameters.
More Italy regions
Get FREE travel offers
Sign up to receive the latest deals and exclusive discounts on holidays, flights, hotels and more, plus inspiration on where to go when
We promise not to share your details